Re: ANOTHER Tranny swap

To: kevin@valentinephoto.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ANOTHER Tranny swap
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:00:01 EDT
Reading this info regarding "tranny swaps" I thought I would ask a question.

I am currently running with a tired smoothcase.  I have a nice ribcage that
has been tested and is in nice condition.  I want to replace the smooth with
the rib, but at the same time I also would like to have the benefits of a
taller
final drive ratio (as I would get if I were changing the smooth out for a
Datsun 5 speed).  Does anyone know if it is possible for me to change the final
gears so that I can have a taller final drive ratio?  Or should I look for a
rear end out of a later Spridget?  (I believe that the latter cars with the rib
cages also ran taller rear end ratios)?

Any ideas are certainly appreciated!

Thanks -

Kirk