Re: Fuel pressure regulator

To: "R. Glenn Cummins" <glenncummins@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pressure regulator
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:05:16 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Glen,

I'm also running one of the cheepo regulators.  Been installed for over six
years, no problems yet (knock on wood).  I run mine at one click for street and
2 clicks driving hard.  My engine is modified with a weber and heavy race cam.
The only problems i have had are where to mount it.

Ended up mounting it in the right rear wheel well.  Where it goes on a later
spridget.  This keeps the suction line level under the car, and prevents vapor
locks.  Make sure you have a good hose and feed tube set up in the tank.  On
mine I had to replace the fitting on the tank.  Dumb me used a off the shelf
fitting.  It ran great until a half of tank.  Then it was air city.  Can't go
very far on a half of tank.

Hope this helps.

BTW I also used a standard Napa fuel pump, lifetime warranty.  It's been good
for me.

WW Ricky