RE: Fiberglass front ends

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fiberglass front ends
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:30:35 -0400
Interestingly enough, one of the reasons I recently got back on list is that
I've decided it's time to get back to work on my '72 and am considering a
fiberglass nose due to several problems with the existing front sheet metal.
I found the Spridgetech and Speedwell units wondered at the price
difference. $550 from Spridgetech and $1250 from Speedwell. It doesn't seem
likely that all of the difference is in profit margin. I'd guess that the
cheap one is chopped mat and the expensive one is hand laid. I have no doubt
the expensive one is better, but I was looking for feedback on the value of
one versus the other.

On a related note, I also looked with some interest at the Speedwell Monza
bonnet, but have concerns about the size of the air inlet. Does anyone have
any experience with that unit, or educated thoughts about effects on the
cooling capacity? This would be for a slightly warmed 1275 (estimated 85
HP).

Thanks to all,
-dnw-