Re: battery overcharge

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: battery overcharge
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:20:19 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil Nase wrote:

> I switched to an alternator a while back at it was at 12 shut down and
> 13 at idle.  Do I have a problem that I need to worry about the rally
> tomorrow?

I believe a battery is fine at 12.7 volts when shut off.
This is fully charged.
13 at an idle is fine and 14.8 ?? max at speed.
Anything over 15 volts is too much.

I have a volt meter in each LBC, 4 or 5 of them anyway,
One Sprite always reads higher then the rest. The volt gauge reads on
the upper side of 15 all the time. And it's been that way for 4 or 5
years now. I am assuming the gauge is off a little.
All the cars are running alternators.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ