Re: Ribcase in Bugeye-clutch

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ribcase in Bugeye-clutch
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:55:19 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Bob,

Do I have advice for you.  My car was bought in pieces.  I ran into all kind of
problems until I figured this one thing out.  The tubing that goes to the slave
cylinder fits and hooks right up to the slave unit.  It even feels good and
tight but don't hook it up directly on the slave.  The later Sprites have a
rubber hose attached to the slave cylinder.  then the hose connects with a
copper washer.  This will keep you from loosing your clutch in the middle of
nowhere.  Lying in the dirt repairing a bad connection is no fun.  It took me
about a years worth of driving to figure this out.  But remember I got my BE in
a box completely disassembled.  The manuals don't cover this conversion.

Since then I have converted to a 5 speed trans.  What a difference this made.
I now climb the Altamont pass at 75MPH with no problems.  The engine even likes
it.  I can cruse down the road at normal speeds on the freeway.

Cheers

Wrongway Ricky
60 Frog eye Puddles
Don't let the road get you down, get down on the road.