Re: Midget/Sprite rear seat?

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget/Sprite rear seat?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:34:25 -0400
Sorry Larry but that is not a real original rear seat for a Sprite let
alone a Midget.  It does have the correct pattern for a Sprite seat but
the real ones don't have the turn buckle fittings on the rear lip/pocket.
A real one has an iron bar inside the rear pocket and two straps on the
bottom of the front edge with snaps for fixing to the bulkhead behind the
seats.  Also note the curve to the front edge of the seat, again the real
ones are straight across. This may be for something else, not a Spridget
or it is a very poor copy of an original rear Sprite seat.  Certainly not
worth the opening bid! For that price you can have a copy made by a local
shop that would be hard to tell. I know as I have inquired about having
one made for my Sprite using my original Midget rear seat as a pattern.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:38:11 -0400, Larry Daniels
<ladaniels@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4564882563&ssPa
> geName=ADME:B:SS:MT:1

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/