RE: Oil, everyones favorite topic

To: "'Dan Gillitzer'" <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: RE: Oil, everyones favorite topic
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:01:46 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I use Castrol GTX 20W50 in my bug-I with a stock 948 and smoothcase tranny
for both.  I would also like to know which manual says 10W30, maybe for low
temp driving?
                Crash

Any suggestions on what oil to use? Manual says 10W30. I am wondering if the
old rule still holds about using non-detergent to break in a rebuilt engine?
Multivis or straight grade?
Also what is recommended for oil in the tranny, and would it be better to
use
non detergent in that? It's a 62 948 with a smoothcase.
I'll have to get antifreeze for it before too long also.

Dan