Re: the end of a good day......

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: the end of a good day......
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:11:59 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rick Fisk wrote:

> I puttered around in the garage all day.

I too had a good day. Got the Healey out of my garage to free up lots of
room. And with some working room..................
My son, a few of his buddies, and myself got his Mini engine assembeled,
installed, removed again for a Throw out bearing home made shaft
expansion, engine back in and running, driving too :)
I need to know why his second Mini runs like a raped ape just like his
first Mini? I now know those 3 cams he picked up at Carlisle for $25 are
definately not stock ;) He done good that day!
Well it will never idle nice, just a wee bit lumpy sort of like a full
race cam. But it goes.
I even shook out the wiring and all the lights work. No wiper motor
installed just yet and he wants to hook up the city lights inplace of
the front parking lights.
I did not get a chance to drive it before some of his buddies dismounted
the Studded snow tires (10" studded snows) to glass bead the rims and
install the new tires. Now the paint on the rims is drying so maybe I
can take it around the block tomorrow.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ