Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:34:15 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have mentioned this before (but nobody listens!). I doubt that very many
of today's cars will still be drivable after 20 years. New cars are entirely
controlled by an ECU (Electronic Control Unit), which is a computer. Nobody
repairs them and parts for 20 year old computers will be non-existant. I
have a 1984 Mac at home and I can't even buy floppy disks for it!
 If you want a collector car, buy one with points and a dizzy. You can
actually build or adapt an old one to work when yours is worn out.
 He77, new cars don't even have coils or plug wires. The plugs last 100,000
miles (supposedly) and then cost $100 EACH. Who wants that?!?!?!

Allen Hefner
Norristown PA
(A new car salesman!)