Re: carshow ????

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carshow ????
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:52:21 -0400
Let me tell you something about car shows and judging.

Except for possibly concours judging with pre-set, published standards
knowledgeably researched, it's all a bunch of bs.

Multi-marque judging is usually not much more than popularity judging by
committee. Out and out popularity judging is as more  a vote for the
owner or paint color than it is for the condition of the car. A
well-known Healey club owner used to make sure he had enough beer to
pass out during popularity judging. Another used to go around
discouraging people from voting for cars whose owners he didn't care for.

People vote for chrome, or like Dave said, red cars or don't vote for a
particular because they DON'T like the color.

I've got boxes of trophies and except for the fact that they have Big
Healey "heads" on most of them I would toss 'em. (In fact, maybe I
should ebay 'em.)

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/