Results of a Surprise OSHIT meeting. (A Bit Long)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Results of a Surprise OSHIT meeting. (A Bit Long)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:27:17 -0400
Cc: Rob Valentine <robert@valentinephoto.net>
Well,  last sunday My Mom told me that my Dad (Kevin Valentine) had
broken down, and that I need to go rescue him.  I was to go get a part
from the local parts store, and take it to him at my new house under
construction.  After waiting for about a half an hour for the owner of
the store, Sal ( a friend of ours) to "find the part", I was then on my
way to rescue my Dad.  I pulled up to my house and there were a bunch
of cars parked outside.  All cars I had recognized, but I couldn't
place them specifically to any one person.  With balloons tied to many
of them, I realized this had something to do with my birthday on
Monday.  But the cars weren't any of my family members.  Imagine my
surprise when I walked down into my yard, and saw the OSHIT team
working on MY 74 Midget that had been sitting rusting away.
WooooooHooooooo!!!!

I have been to many OSHIT meetings to work on other member's cars, but
never had one for my car.  This was GREAT.  I honestly wasn't planning
on getting to my car until next year.  Let's just say that the OSHIT
Team saved me about a month of hands on work!!!  On Sunday morning my
car was sitting and rusting with holes in both rocker panels, busted
seats, busted dash, no brakes, no bonnet or front fenders, a bad
steering rack, rotting interior, fogged windscreen, no top, etc...

Well, by the end of the day, my car was "un-dented", patched with Welds
and fiberglass where needed, and in primer.  Brakes were done, inside
completely cleaned out right down to the metal, new rack installed,
windscreen was removed, and Bugeye bonnet set in place.  Wow!

I want to thank everyone who was involved.  I am very appreciative!!!

I will be away all next week, but with working on the car all this week
and when I get back, I figure I should have it on the road (while in
primer) by the end of the month.  I think I am going to enjoy the rest
of this driving season with the car in primer, and paint it over the
winter.  It is a pretty butterscotch primer, now.  My wife likes the
color, so it will stay that color until it is painted, bright Yellow
this winter.

The OSHIT team for this Surprise meeting was:  Frank Clarici, Larry
Macy, Chris King, Bill "the mad welder" Gilroy, Steve Michelsen, Phil
Nase, Christina & Lambert Leibel, Andy Smarr, Sal (the owner of the
parts store and a Spitfire), and of course it was hosted by my Dad,
Kevin Valentine....  Oh yeah, I was there too.

The OSHIT team has met it's goal once again.  My car was to be in
primer by the end of the day... and it was!  With enough time to fix
the Dual SU's on Christina's Orange Midget, rightly named the "Mini
Lee"

Thanks again to all.  And if you have never been to one of these
events...  Go.  It really is a blast.  And you'll probably make some as
happy as I am right now!!

I will post pictures to the OSHIT website later this week.

http://www.valentinephoto.net/oshit/

-Rob Valentine
74 RWB Spridget (In Butterscotch Primer)