Re: Thermostat...more questions.

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostat...more questions.
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:59:34 -0400 reply-type=original
My coolant temps are higher than I like.  Running at 212 F or so in this
very hot SE PA weather.  I removed the thermostat cover and found only a
blanking sleeve.  Putting  in a new themostat will not make it any cooler
right?  Compared to having only a blanking sleeve I mean.  Should I replace
it anyway with a 160 degree themo?

Never used  a blanking sleeve before.  Do they need to be aligned in any
special position when I put it back in?  I was too busy containing coolant
to notice when I opened it.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa