Back in the saddle...or off of it

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Back in the saddle...or off of it
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:06:26 -0500
Hi guys.

I'm back from my Labrador adventure and catching up on emails.

The trip with my 25-year old son was more than can be described, but I may
try to put up some pictures and text on a website, if I can figure out how.

The kid made me take all sorts of old logging roads, and, for 80 miles
through central New Foundland, he put me on an abandoned narrow-gauge
railway bed.  Can you say "deep aggregate stone?"  Can you fall off a
motorcycle so many times you stop counting?

Did have one interesting gravel get-off at about 65 mph on the Trans
Labrador Highway.  No disabling damage to either pilot or machine, but a
piece of my windshield, left mirror, and left knee are 96 miles east of
Labrador City entertaining the caribou.

Frankensprite has about as little weather protection as a motorcycle, and it
has the advantages of wheels at each corner.  I think next time I will opt
for the luxury.

Anybody interested in the James Bay Road up to Hudsons Bay?  We don't need
no stinkin' Landrovers!

JohnD