Re: Stops for front hinged bonnet?

To: Michael Snow <mjhsnow@sprintmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stops for front hinged bonnet?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 07:00:19 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Snow <mjhsnow@sprintmail.com> wrote:
My 59 Bugeye came with the bonnet front hinged, with a cable to stop
it from opening too far. Are there clever ideas on a stop system
that anyone can recommend? I was thinking of two foot-long ruler
shapes with slots and slides that connect near the radiator. However
I can't find a good location that works for connecting to the bonnet
and the frame.

This is just a idea, perhaps you could take a bonnet prop assembly from a
Spitfire and install it in your Bugeye. Basicly your bonnet and the Spitfire
bonnet raise up the same way. Not sure about the weight difference but I think
it would work.

Jamie
1962 Austin Healey Sprite MK II
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Judas"