Re: Re[2]: Replacement 23D, #40819

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Replacement 23D, #40819
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:42:20 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi.
Neither, the ignition is off when dieseling. Usually caused by too high idle
and or too rich, hot carbon deposits in the combustion chamber
ignite fuel sucked in. In the olden days, some cars had an "anti dieseling"
solenoid which closed the throttle plates completely when the ignition was
switched off.
Although dieseling could be aggravated by timing being off causing
abnormally high cylinder head temperatures. I doubt if your timing is very
far off. Whenever I've had a dieseling problem it was always solved it by
lowering the idle and making sure
the mixture is correct.

Good luck,