Two Kinds of Healey Driving Excitement!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two Kinds of Healey Driving Excitement!
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 00:55:44 -0500
Hello,

After sitting for nearly a year I turned my attention back to my 1960 Bugeye;
the Green Bean.  At long last, I completed the SU rebuild and although she's
still runs a bit rich, the engine now purrs like a kitten.  Unfortunately, on
my shake-down run I found she very little interest in slowing-down with my
increasingly adrenalin laden application of the brakes!

By the way...  Did you know there are at least two kinds of Healey driving
excitement?  The first one is the wonderful thrill you'all know so well with
the friendly waves of onlookers and the wind in your hair and you accelerate
up to speed...  The other type comes with a considerable amount of seat
cushion pucker!  (I promise, from now on I'll actually DO the brake system
fluid flushes I've had on the calendar!)

I've investigated the source of the problem and as you a have already guessed,
I found all four wheel cylinders in the front frozen solid.  I also had rear
axle seal leaking on the left rear shoe but that's an easy fix...  I've
removed the wheel cylinders and I'm preparing to buy replacements soon but I
thought I'd ask for a recommendation before placing the order.  I see Moss has
2 levels of wheel cylinders available, one "regular" cylinder and another
"aftermarket" for about 45% less.  Now, I'm a born cheapskate but with my
recent experience, I thought I'd ask if anyone has had any experience with
them.

Thanks!
Dan Corning
AN5 - BT7