Turn signal - diagnosis validation (plus miscellaneous)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal - diagnosis validation (plus miscellaneous)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:48:18 -0700
Hi all.  I appreciate the technical expertise of the list, so would like to
ask the favor of validating a diagnosis before I order parts.

My turn signals stopped working (worked one drive, didn't work the next) on
my '71 Midget.  I pulled out my multimeter and checked whether the turn
signal flasher unit received any power (yes, I had the ignition in the "on"
position and the turn signal switch activated!).  There was no power at the
flasher.  I checked the wiring diagram, and it appears that power is fed to
the turn signal flasher through the hazard (emergency) flasher.  The hazard
lights are still working just fine; so I would guess that the "leg" that
supplies power to the turn signals is kaput; and that hazard flasher
replacement is the ticket to getting working turn signals back.

Any comments/feedback?  Thanks very much in advance.

AND!  As long as I have the podium:  I have an Autopower rollbar, with a
cross-brace added.  I'm glad that I haven't had the opportunity to use it.
One thing I don't like about it is that I have lost about one inch of
rearward seat travel.  I am a fair-weather driver - I haven't had a top on
the car since I put it together - and I have been thinking about getting a
hardtop.  Maybe a Smoothline, as factory units seem to be quite scarce.
Anybody have a Smoothline?

Thanks,

Phil