Austin A35 hits the road

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin A35 hits the road
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:30:38 -0700
Today the newly restored A35 took me to work for its debut drive.  Smooth
power, more than before.  The suspension is firm, the steering is precise and
......... every single bit of electrical equipment works perfectly!  Since
this was a complete top-to-bottom restoration, I now know what a brand new A35
is like to drive.  Its a fun little car.  Whoever has the G-tech meter, I'd
like to get it back for a bit to evaluate the motor mods.  Briefly, the
original 948 was bored 40 over, flat top pistons, 1098 head, switched to
double valve springs, Isky MM55 cam, complete balancing, 4lbs off the
flywheel, double 1275 timing gear and harmonic balancer, and a totally rebuilt
ribcase.  I was easily able to get up to freeway speed this morning to the
surprise of the Toyota behind me on the onramp.   I'll post a few pics as soon
as I can.

Bugsy is looking forward to a winter's rest and a few mods after serving daily
duty for the 5 months I was putzing around with the Austin.

Glen Byrns