Maniflow intake

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maniflow intake
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:03:19 -0400
Has any one installed a maniflow intake on their spridget?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Intake009.jpg

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Intake013.jpg

I'm in the process of installing one and just began to wonder how I'm going
to do the accelerator cable setup.  There wasn't a heat shield on it before
but a small apparatus
(http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Intake007.jpg )bolted to the
Cooper S intake.

I'm thinking that I may finally install part of that $2 crap heat shield
that I got on ebay to provide a place to mount the accelerator cable.

Another question: what purpose does that spacer between the carb and the
intake serve other than to provide distance.  And, if distance is the
object, why?  Or, in other words, what happens if I were to remove them?

And, I have to change the angle of my float bowls and Dave A. sent me these:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Intake011.jpg

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Intake012.jpg

Any idea what I have to do to install them? :-)  Will it become obvious to
me if I remove the screws on the top of the float bowl?

TIA

Robert Duquette

1970 Alta Vista Drive

Ottawa ON  K1H 7K8