Re: Mechanical vs electric fuel pump

To: The Mayers <gmeyer01@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Mechanical vs electric fuel pump
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:09:13 -0700
Cc: Sprite <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi All,

I'm using the same as Frank.  I mounted it here because it eliminates a hump in
the suction line to the pump.  I tried a lot of different options for this
about six years ago.  This seems to work the best.  I never vapor lock which
can happen if you mount it under the bonnet, or loose suction on the pump when
the tank gets low.  I went around the bend on this one.  That is until I found
I had a leak inside the tank on my pickup tube.  It drove me nuts.  Now out
East you might not vapor lock because you don't run the temps under the bonnet
like we do here in the Western desert area.  If ambient is above 110 degrees,
imagine what the road and under bonnet temps are.

My MGTD has it's pump mounted all the way up on the fire wall.  When it gets a
little warm out here it's vapor lock city for her.  I'm rebuilding her right
now with a hidden Napa pump under the gas tank in line with the original one to
eliminate this problem.  This way it still looks vintage.

Frank you win.

Wrongway Ricky
60 Frog eye "Puddles"
52 MGTD "Sparky"
When driving down the road of life, downshift and nail it on the corners.  It
makes drive worthwhile.