Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Water Based Paint

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Water Based Paint
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:55:26 -0400
Cc: Paul Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Chrysler.....we have had three late 80s and early 90s Cherokees that
peeled and the Neons in 95 and 96 did it real bad. The Gvmnt mandated
that the manufacturers used a % of water borne paints, but they weren't
developed and tested enough. They used white and that ugly blue and a
couple others. Those are the bad ones. All the big three had that
problem. The newer paints are much better. I was reading up on the home
use stuff and it looks promising, but you have to get a clear coat over
it , and in some states that will mean taking it to the shop when you
get done since it will still be a TOXIC coating. :)

Dave & Bobbie