Re: Grounding steering column/shaft

To: Jim Rogers <jarplanner@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Grounding steering column/shaft
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:49:17 -0400
Cc: Spridget Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jim

I have seen this especially with newly painted cars and steering racks
and columns. Bum horn ground.
I fix mine by grounding the steering rack. As it is, the rack sits on
paper gaskets, paint it up real nice and it doesn't ground very wel.
A small wire from one of the rack bolts to the frame works.
The horn uses the inner shaft as a ground source not the outter column
sleeve.
And the inner shaft goes right to the rack.
At least it has worked for me.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ