MG Reborn? From Hemmings.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: MG Reborn? From Hemmings.
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:28:49 EDT
Breath of Life for MG Rover?

The gears may be turning again  at the MG Rover plant in central England by
2007, says Chinese automaker Nanjing  Automobile, which bought the assets of
the former carmaker after its collapse in  April.
Nanjing, in its first public comment since buying MG Rover's assets  for an
undisclosed sum, says it plans to employ 1,200 workers at Rover's  Longbridge
plant and produce 100,000 cars per year within five years.
Nanjing  also says that it is considering four or five new car models,
depending on  market conditions and the final details of a business plan for
Longbridge.  Nanjing said the business plan was still being discussed with
partners
and could  take two or three months to finalize.
Assuming that Nanjing succeeds in its  plan, which is far from certain, what
might we expect to see rolling off  Longbridge's assembly lines? Could we see
a return of the little mid-engined MG  TF, a car that could give the Miata a
run for its money in the U.S. market?
Time will tell.
- By George Mattar

Robert  Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT

I  have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears
into  something bearable, even hopeful.

If I have to lay an egg for my  country, I'll do it.

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have  the worst kind of heart
trouble.

BOB  HOPE