Re: Ribcase Conversion

To: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Ribcase Conversion
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:58:26 -0700 reply-type=original
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Bill,

I just did this very thing to fit a ribcase to the Austin A35.  Its p;retty
easy.  Hup the smoothcase front cover to see where one hole needs to be
plugged up and to mark where the new one needs to be drilled.  Then drill
and tap, and move the stud you don't need to the new hole.  One thing you
must be careful about is the grinding of the shifter fork to accomodate the
more shallow hole in the smoothcase front cover.  Paul Asgeirsson gave me
directions to get it right.  You drill the hole in the cover a bit deeper
and grind off the end of the fork a bit so that you can get the necessary
throw.  I can't find the e-mail with the directions and Paul is on the road
right now, so I'd wait until I could get in touch with him and get SPECIFIC
directions on which fork and how much.
The Austin shifts great and the tranny is just what I needed until I switch
to a Datsun in the future.

Glen Byrns