Re: dash ring tool thingy

To: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>
Subject: Re: dash ring tool thingy
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:01:56 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dick Byrne wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where to find the tool used to tighten those "round
> rings with slots on both sides" on the instrument knobs, etc. before I put
> another HUGE GOUGE in my crinkle finish dash.  Any tricks to doing a spot
> (BIG SPOT) touch-up to same dash would be appreciated.

British tool (not sure of the URL) He sells on Ebay too.

Spray some flat black in the can lid and use a brush to touch up the
dash. It should look like a wrinkle after a couple light coats with a
brush. You might even try the wrinkle paint but spray it in a container
then use a small brush.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ