Re: but lets keep the drum brakes in the front!

To: toyman@digitex.net, willy1959@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: but lets keep the drum brakes in the front!
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:37:00 EDT
That paint job is a large metal flake attempt.  Some of what appears to be
orange peel may be the flakes.  Notice that the seats also carry this same
horrible theme.

When you shoot metal flake with big flakes like this it is recomended that
you hold the gun high up directly over the job so that the flakes will spread
as
even as possible.   It is not easy to do (I would never try it).  Also need
to use a parafin based reducer which helps with the spread.

It is very evident that whoever did the paint job was not experienced in
shooting this type of material as the flakes are hap hazzard all over the car.

The other thing that caught my attention was the use of a larger Nissan
engine and no front disks to pull the thing down.  This could be a really scary
ride, one to "die for."

Kirk

59 Bugeye 1275, etc etc etc