2008 US Sprite Challenge

To: <admin@fisc-europe.org>, <pieter@fisc-europe.org>
Subject: 2008 US Sprite Challenge
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:11:34 -0500
Cc: <dullaert@tref.nl>, <info@sailer-immobilien.de>, <jguermonprez@nordnet.fr>, <p.aguettant@wanadoo.fr>, <abertini@yahoo.it>, <elmon.lerum@telia.com>, <simon@fisc-europe.org>, "John Sprinzel" <shakey@wave.hicv.net>, "Jeff Johnk" <jeff@auhc.net>, <rdwismer@mchsi.com>, "George Bruggenthies" <george@roadamerica.com>, "Judy Ann Cull \(Judy Ann Cull\)" <vscda@iserv.net>, <haggisbasher@sympatico.ca>, <mra@sympatico.ca>, <TomSpeedwell@aol.com>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Spridget List \(spridget list\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Kaye Kovacs" <fntune@charter.net>, <Dredge@resalehost.networksolutions.com>
Hello fellow racers of the FISC,

My name is Wm. Severin Thompson. a Healey collector of 32 years, and a
Sprite racer of 15 years. I'm the guy responsible (or the guy to blame,
depending on how you look at it) for Team Thicko. For those of you
unfamiliar with Team Thicko, see www.thicko.com <http://www.thicko.com/> .

For those of you on this mail that aren't familiar with FISC, see their web
site at http://fisc-europe.org/index.php. This is an organization that does
a superb job of coordinating a Spridget race series throughout Europe

I'm into the early stages of planning for a 50th Anniversary Sprite
Challenge series here in the US in 2008. The series will include at least 4
tracks, including Road America/Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin, Mosport in Canada,
and 2 real gems for Sprite racers. Blackhawk  in Illinois, and Grattan in
Michigan. If any other events can be included to fit the schedule, we'll
pursue them as well. Time frame of these events will be lake June until mid
August.

My friend John Sprinzel has agreed to be Grand Marshall, and the event is
sure to be great fun, and very competitive racing. A number of US, Canadian,
and Australian drivers have already committed to running the series.

Since car preparation specification rules vary from club to club. it's my
intention to make this "inclusive', rather than "exclusive". If you have a
Sprite racecar (or an MG Midget), and wish to participate. we'll find a
place for you.

There are many details to sort out, and for folks across the pond, car
shipment being one of prime concern. Once in the states, we'll do our best
to coordinate car (and people) transportation to each of the race venues. I
have a 6000 square foot shop at my home, 35 minutes from Road America that
will serve as race central during the Challenge series. I have room to store
cars, transporters, RV', and, on occasion, people. Additionally, I have a 2
car 30' enclosed trailer, a single car 18' enclosed trailer, a 22' truck set
up to haul a car, and 2 open Sprite sized trailers. so I can help those out
needing assistance once their cars hit the states. We may be able to arrange
for a couple of tractor trailers (we call the "semis") that can haul
multiple cars.

I'd love to see participation of the FISC folks in this event. and it is not
too early to start making plans. Please e-mail me with comments and
questions. More details will follow as they develop.

Best regards,

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com <http://www.thicko.com/>