Re: Starter and fuel pump problems and long time no hear

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter and fuel pump problems and long time no hear
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:32:04 -0700
Hi Jeff,

Welcome back.

First, make sure you have a fully charged battery.  Then with the key on:

Do a whack on the side of the fuel pump with a screwdriver handle or a
wooden handle on a hammer. Make sure you have a decent battery, fully
charged  Should then hear the clack, etc., be prepared for a fuel bowl
overflow!!  If it does, whack the fuel bowl with the same whacking device.

The whirring sound might be the starter not turning over fast enough to spin
out the bendix drive.  Make sure you have a fully charged good battery!

Later, Paul A

PS.  Good new batteries are not expensive!  Try Costco or similar.

Pa