Re: Fuel stabilizer L.B.C.

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel stabilizer L.B.C.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:56:23 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> Haven't heard of this problem but assuming you are getting spark to
> plugs....

Cap'n,
Say it isn't so! (Intentional White Sox reference)
You have already forgotten Jerry Goodman's experience this past
winter/spring???

Jerry put the fuel stabilizer in last fall and had the same symptoms. After
much grief and experimentation this spring, we found that the rubber washers
that seal the connection from the float chamber to the carb body on his H1
carbs had "perished". Replaced them, tuned everything up and all was well. I
had assumed that it was a case of post hoc ergo propiter hoc, but Greg is
getting the same exact symptoms under the same circumstances, so it makes me
wonder if some, at least, of those rubber washers react adversely to some
fuel stabilizers.
David Lieb
1972 RWA