Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Fuel Stabilizer - Now Acetone

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Fuel Stabilizer - Now Acetone
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:42:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
If Fuel Stabilizer eats seals can you imagine what acetone does to them. I use
it to clean up after using resin to patch my surf board. Not me. If it eats
resin what do you think even a little does to a motor.

i am not sure where you came up with "It works out to be 7/10's of an ounce of
Acetone to a full tank of gas for a spridget."

The link says:
one ounce per 10 gallons. Not more than three oz. per 10 gallons.

They can not even nail it down.

Vigil

Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
FWIW, I have known Denise McCluggage since I watched her race
at the Glen in the very early 60s with Sterling Moss. She is a very
careful and thorough journalist. (A few years ago, she even introduced
Phil Hill to me!)
I looked this up and here is Dr. LaPointe's work:
http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/
As a scientist, I find his work thorough and complete with no amazing
claims and no smoke, mirrors, or hand waving. The chemistry is
correct and the experiments not only well designed, but no pre-developed
hypothesis appears to exist and there appears to be no bias to make the
data fit the hypothesis (a common error even among good scientists!! -
IE... Kyoto and the whole Global Warming travesty!)
Read it for yourself and develop your own conclusions. That's what he
recommends. Try it yourself and find out if he's wrong or right. Again
that's what his challenge is. And he's not selling anything either... The
amounts of Acetone involved aren't going to impact the acetone supply
side market significantly so no one else is making any money either.
It works out to be 7/10's of an ounce of Acetone to a full tank of gas
for a spridget.
I think I will try it....
Oh... And Dr. LaPointe doesn't appear to wear panties....
Cheers!!
Jim - he of the inert midget in Dodge City...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PUAslB/TM