RE: License Plates

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: License Plates
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:37:11 -0500
That's happened to me several times.  But the most memorable was back when I
was in graduate school beating around in a primered MGB.  Got stopped on the
Cross Westchester Expressway in White Plains.  Cop says:  Does your valve
cover leak right above #3 cylinder like mine?"

Yes, I replied, and we proceeded to commiserate about LBCs and oil and
gaskets, and radials vs. bias ply tires (this was a while back).

Then he handed me a ticket for 75 in a 60 zone and wished me a good day.

I know....everybody's got a job to do.  Buster, that wasn't you, was it?!

JohnD

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:46:17 -0500

From "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson at thicko.com>

I was driving my big Healey in town back in the 70's and all of a sudden saw

the cherries light up behind me.

I'm like..."wtf?"

Cop comes up to the car and says...

"Know anyone that wants to buy a tonneau for an MGB?"