Re: Weber DCOE tuning

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DCOE tuning
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:05:56 -0500 reply-type=original
Wow, I knew that you all would be great help!  I will definitely try a
larger accelerator pump jet per most of your recommendations.  A big thanks
to all of your help.

"an off-idle flat spot ("bog") when the foot goes well down quickly."  Is
exactly what is occurring.

I forgot to mention that it is a DCOE40 that I am using on my 1275.  It was
a NOS (Made in Italy) one with Cannon manifold that I picked up through a
trade of a race Bugeye body many many moons ago.  The fellow that I got it
from said that he had got it from a racer friend that had purchased it for a
race 948 engine.  I guess that I figured that it might be in the ball park
of where it needs to be.  I think that the Weber seems to be fine on the
upper end of the rev range once I let it "build" to the rev much more
gradually if that makes sense.  The Weber also seemed to take well to
adjusting the idle jets.   I think that is what they are called.  You know .
. . when you set the screws at baseline and get the engine up to temp. and
then slowly back them out to get the rise in RPM.

I think that it will work well once I get the accel pump jet problem worked
out.

Thanks again to all you guys!

Mike C