Re: Ebay Sellers

To: "John Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Sellers
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:52:40 -0800
Hi John,

I've encountered this also and the correlation I've found is these people
have an approval rating of less than 95 or so.  My solution is never to bid
on their folks auction, no matter how much I want it.  If they aren't up
about 99 or so, forget about it, is my new rule.

I got delayed on a response from one in this category and discovered, quite
by chance a friend of mine bought the item I had won in the auction, from
the seller!!!!!  I squawked loud enough for the seller to come up with
another item same as I had won.  He came through, but it took 6 weeks of
haggling, and 4 weeks of transport.

Another one I won was a NOS dif assembly, non Spridget, only to have it
arrive with rust damage.  Frozen in place!  It's totally useless.  NEVER got
a response from the seller.  Just out the $100 plus or so I paid.

So no more private auction sellers for me.  They've taught me well!

FWIW, Paul A