Re: GM going down, WITH LEC content

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: GM going down, WITH LEC content
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:27:21 -0600
Cc: MICHAEL CARPENTER <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Paul Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Hmmm.  Had thought about this before, too. Trouble is, my dad did
something like this. He put it on a wire recording back in the 40s.
All his war experience, etc. I found it last year when he passed
away. No way to play the wire recording now. I checked.

So, Buster, if you burn this off onto CD, what makes you think your
great Grandkids will be able to get it back off the CD?  Maybe you
could print it off on acid free paper and cover it in UV blocking plastic.
Might last 2 generations that way (assuming the schools still teach
*reading* by then), but the third or fourth would still be saying,
"Buster who??"    ;-)

Somebody on one of these Spridget lists is using a very revealing
by-line along these lines.....

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it
by not dying".   -   Woody Allen  -

Cheers!!
Jim - he of the inert Midget in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget