Re: [midgetsprite] BE Bodywork Question, Rear Deck

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] BE Bodywork Question, Rear Deck
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:39:29 GMT jARJedbI025577
Unlike the Spridget....

the BE rear deck/end  in a never-ending combo of compound curves....car's got a
great a$$!! :)

For this reason, (IMHO) Clarici's advice as to
heat shrinking and "working" of the metal to bring this piece back to correct
fundamental proportionate shape deserves
special consideration. Fr'instance, I know
a bodyman in Stamford who can do wonders with metal in these respects. He's
got 40 years doing it so he should be able
to!

I'd find such a pro (assuming you can)  and pay his fee to do the "difficult
part" in these respects. Then I'd do the rest myself.

However, you're the guy "on the spot" looking at the metal, so I guess you're
the
best judge of EXACTLY what is needed to get the job done (once) "right"??

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog