Interesting find after stripping my BE

To: "SPM@autoX" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting find after stripping my BE
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:26:24 -0500
Cc: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
After building my shell inverter today and getting the car on its side I
couldn't help but start poking around inspecting the underside. I
noticed some odd looking welds on the lower A arm mounts up front. It
appears that the lower A arm was ripped loose from the chassis at some
point in the cars past. To repair this metal backing plates with the
same size holes were welded on.

I wonder how hard it would be to replace the whole mount and is it worth
the trouble. Apparently the car has driven many many miles with this
repair. I just thought I would share the first interesting find of my
resto project.

Ben in SC

PS,

The inverter works great! Much cheaper that the engine stand designs!