SOS (no sh1t!) 2005... my take

To: "'Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SOS (no sh1t!) 2005... my take
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:26:15 -0600
Wow,
        Nancy and Flounder were wonderful hosts for this year's Flounderpalooza
SOS v.3.0. Thank you!
         I didn't do much but eat, talk smart, polish the Bishop, and watch the
karting. (I didn't care to drive one. The track was getting icy by this time.)

        I did have to send out an SOS on my way home. To Flounder.  Right at
dusk
i hit a deere....John Deere...... 11 horse hydrostatic with what was about
a 36" deck. Now it's about a 22" deck. It fell off a trailer travelling in
the oncoming lane of a 2 lane.

Guy behind the trailer saw it leave the bed, flashed his lights to get the
attention of the towing truck, and watch me whack it at, lets say the speed
limit of 55, for argument's sake. 2002 Jetta is likely totaled. Passenger
side airbag deployed (no passenger). Driver's side "puffed up a bit"
(deputy's words). Luckily I just have some seatbelt bruises.

After gathering myself, talking with passersby, and finally the police
departments, all got pretty funny. The jokes about Deere season, etc. were
flowing. The deputy was really nice. (remember Fargo?) Flounder and Nancy
came to the rescue as we emptied the Jetta's contents into his Suburban,
and drove to the nearest town to wait for my wife. The deputy was there and
we didn't enjoy hot chocolate, but settled for hot toffee-flavored water.
The puns were flying by this time.

Jane, my wife, walked into this scene thinking I had hit a tractor, but due
to my dying cell phone I failed to explain it was a lawn tractor. Imagine
four of us sitting around telling jokes with the police when she's had an
hour to conjure up the worst, short of a hospital visit.

Anyway, we should find out shortly about the totaled-ness of the Jetta. We
may be shopping. A new Mini has already been vetoed :-(

Maybe WST will host the pics of my first, and hopefully last, deere.

Be careful out there. Ya never know.

PPP, aka Deerestalker