Re: Tequila

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Tequila
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:47:42 -0600
Cc: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Some brands to seek out are Milagro, Corazon, Galardon, Don Eduardo,
Don Julio, and Cazadores. Always buy at least the Reposado (aged 2
months) but the Anejo is usually better, as it is aged a year. If
looking at a brand that I didn't mention, if it is 100% blue agave, it
will have a nice flavor.
One for those of us on a budget, is El Jimador Reposado. It is around
the $20 -$25 mark, and it is very smooth, as it has been double
distilled. I always try to keep a bottle or two of that around the
house.
BEWARE, good tequila is not cheap tequila!! I bought a bottle earlier
this year, that was $130. The good stuff is good for a reason. At my
age, I would rather pay a little more, and not hurt the next morning.
True Story: I was having a VERY BAD Wednesday at work. I went home, a
friend followed, and we drowned our sorrow in a litre of Jimador. In
2.5 hours, on empty stomachs, we were about 1/4" from the bottom of
the bottle, drinking it straight. I was DRUNK!!
The next morning, I was at work at 7 a.m., with no headache or other
side effects.

Good Tequila is your friend.

Brad