Re: my next car...

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my next car...
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:41:13 GMT jB5MfSek022290
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, Ron...

they're racing which is a far different application from my road-driven approx.
6k or so miles per annum. Additonally, mine
is a relatively low-rpm, hi-torque "stoplight
to stoplight" application. It all happens well
before the engine's redline (Cooper S cam
advanced 4 degrees per Vizard for later
Metro inlet timing).

As I understand it, Total Seal produces rings for the street and rings for the
track (racing).....different animules.

The motor has a little less than 12k on it
and uses less than a pint of oil between
(3k) changes. Oil stays visually "clean" between.

Motor goes like stink, so I've had no
reason as yet to have taken a compression/
leakdown. As I've said, on a normal takeoff,
it will initially burn rubber using WOT and
will easily "chirp" in second gear when driven the least bit aggressively. It
is VERY "peppy" and no, I don't normally
drive it abusively. I just wanted to see what
it would do, once broken in.

Incidentally.....
the top ring in this set was a double moly
coated affair as I understand it. Outer soft
"coat" for break-in, tougher/harder "coat"
beneath.

Incidentally, the Frog is driven year round,
though it hasn't had the top up in 3-4 years. No ice, snow, salt and limited
use in rain. Got the GTi for foul weather and those cold winter days. Frog goes
out on "nice, dry" winter days, however when
daytime temps go into the 40's.

Otherwise, it's parked in my spot in GE's North Stamford corp. garage, snug
under it's cover....

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog