RE: Paint

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: Paint
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:23:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Buster,
Dupont, PPG, and a couple of others make the best.  If you are using PPG
paint, for example, as topcoat, start out by using one of their primers.  If
Dupont, then use Dupont's primer (they have a very good, self-etching, epoxy
primer that I have used).  Your local autobody shop supply house will be the
place to inquire, and discuss.
As far as galvanizing of body panels, "back in the day": when you consider
that these cars were made to be used, and then thrown away and replaced with
a newer model, you can see that nobody had any incentive to use galvanized
panels, or to even get half serious about rust prevention.  That the cars
have held up as well as they have is purely unintentional, although
wonderful.  Kinda leads me to believe that God had a plan.......
Bud Osbourne