Re[2]: XR700/Advance Curves?

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re[2]: XR700/Advance Curves?
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:49:01 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Robert,

       with only one or two degrees difference MAX, why not just spin
       the dizzy a couple of degrees and be done?

       my real curiosity isn't in all the TECH, of setting up on a
       dyno, etc, etc, but what if anything need be done with a stock
       dizzy,(without changing springs, weights, etc)
        BUT  more importantly, WHY is the advance changed just by
       getting rid of the points? the rotational mass of the shaft
       hasn't changed all that much by adding a plastic shutter wheel
       to the shaft.

       when i replace(d)the distributor(s) i always make sure to use
       the correct (40919 for a stock 1098) one for the application.
       my motor is stock except for a very mild cam, but that has
       nothing to do with the change to electronic dizzy. ... i'm NOT
       interested in max horsepower, but am concerned with engine
       longevity. .. if i wanted to drive FAST i'da bought a honda CRX
       with the same money i have invested in "the red thing".

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com