Re: Paint

To: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>, Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:43:55 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 05:15 PM 29/12/2005 -0500, Jay Fishbein wrote:
>Rick,
>Thanks for those photos. Very cool and I commend you for retaining the
>original color. The world contains enough red, blue white, and green
>Sprites NOT!- variety is better, but we can always do with more!!. I
>wonder how many Florida Green and Metallic Beige (both colours are making
>a comeback - as is yellow/black)Big Healeys are out there that are Red and
>BRG or Healey Blue?
>
>The color in the Horler book doesn't represent the true shade of Deep Pink
>very well. The colors in Horler's book look more like my car than Deep
>Pink. In fact when I first saw Horler's book I asked myself if the color
>Fred Jordan painted his car was incorrect and whether my car was closer to
>the actual color. Fred's car is correct. My car is actually Cameo Coral, a
>Ford color, by choice. Deep Pink is somewhat Raspberry in comparison. Now
>I thought is was more Salmon - which is how I had always heard the colour
>described.
>
>One question. I see a red seat. Is the rest of the interior red as well? I
>thought the factory delivered these with black interiors (my manual
>confirms that the seats should be black with white piping, black top but
>Grey or olde English White hardtop). Black might be original but red would
>add more "piazazz" to the package.

H-AN6 cars were not available in many colours, Black, Iris Blue, Speedwell
Blue, Signal Red, Old English White, and your Deep Pink, which is the only
colour not shared with other Spridgets, yet another reason to retain the
correct original colour!

A final suggestion to match the colour - if the rear plate light has not
been disturbed, you my get a colour match from it.  As I said earlier, any
good paint shop will be able to colour match - and it worth it!.

Best of luck,
Martyn