Re: What Datsun 5-speeds?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What Datsun 5-speeds?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:50:22 -0600 reply-type=original {sentby:smtp 24.15.214.89 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
>       Rivergate uses a RIVERGATE flywheel/clutch, which means that if
>       they ever go out of business, you're out of luck.

Not necessarily so, Bill. The Rivergate kit uses a stock Spridget clutch
pressure plate and a Nissan throwout bearing. If they go out of business,
you can get a Nissan disk turned down to fit or get your flywheel re-drilled
to take the Nissan pressure plate, which is what Paul A's fine kit does from
the outset. I like the concept of Paul's kit better, too, but I have a
weakness for SE Tennessee and Bill Perry is good folks. Only problem I have
had with my clutch has been that my master cylinder went out on me, but I
can't really blame that on Rivergate ;-)
David Lieb