RE: Bugeye Group..... Re: Paint

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, "'Bud Osbourne'" <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: RE: Bugeye Group..... Re: Paint
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 07:19:58 -0600
Cc: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Geoff Healey was very pleased with the paint delivered on the early Sprites.

Original, unmolested Sprites show that their paint was applied to a very
high standard... very level. It must have been decent paint, as the 2
original paint bugeyes I have still buff to a very nice gloss. It was far
superior to the paint on the big Healeys.

Most Sprites, whether due to their size, or the driving style of their
owners, have suffered accident damage... often multiples. In my experience,
the majority of the body shops of the day did shoddy repair work... poor
preparation, poor color match, etc. You couldn't buy the color packs of
today, or insist on the same paint manufacturer. There weren't color
scanners, and often paint matching was an art mastered by very few.

More often than not, rotted floors were the result of torn or missing soft
tops that soaked carpets, and under layment and were
left to rot.