shop lights

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: shop lights
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:04:21 -0800
Hello spridgets,

  i'm an electrician by trade....

  that said, flourescent lights give more light per $$$$$ spent in
  energy than incandescent, and being "non point source" there is less
  shadow... BUT

  i hate the flicker.. its hard on my eyes and it CAN be hard on your
  heart... the flicker rate is 60 hz vs 72 for heartbeat.. .. no
  (very little scientific documentation, just anecdotal evidence...
  still)  especially when they're cold. ... and those halogens are
  just tooo bright. turn around and look into one accidentally and
  your blinded for minutes.. plus the shadows they cast on your work,
  (trying to see through your arms and body) are most annoying...

  give me good light bulbs, and a headlight!

--
Best regards,
Bill                             mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite "the red thing" (HAN8L 49403)