Tire size

To: <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[39CF5B20:01C61134]
Subject: Tire size
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:37:35 -0500
Hop-count: 1
I'm wondering what the appropriate replacement tire size is for a 1970
Midget
with wire wheels.  I have a couple of old manuals that list 145SR/13,
and the
car now has 155SR/13 on it.  After some internet searching I found
suggestions
that 175/70R-13 would be too wide.

Is anyone concerned about tire diameter (height) and what that does to
your final drive ratio? The original 145 70 tires are 21" tall. The
common replacement 155 80 tires are 22.76" tall, thus "slowing down "
your final drive ratio. Does anyone have any gut feel on what this does?
Any data?

John Engfehr
'59 Bugeye 1275