RE: 1275 vs. 1500 in a RB Midget

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: 1275 vs. 1500 in a RB Midget
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:31:29 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank,
Glad to hear they've survived!  And I know they'll have lots of great
memories from those times.

Back in the 60s, there was a list, put out by the insurance companies (I
know, that automatically makes the list 'suspect'), listing the top ten most
dangerous cars, based solely on accident fatalities vs. total number of cars
registered.  Sitting on top of the list were MG, Triumph, and A-H.  The
reason for this was not that those cars were more dangerous than other cars
(in terms of 'active' safety features, they would have been among the
safest), it had to do with the fact that, due in part to low purchase price,
these cars were most often placed into the hands of young, inexperienced
drivers, who were also the most likely to get in over their heads.  Kids
aged 16 thru 24(?) are, in their minds, invincible.  They are at the height
of their immortality.  Those of us fortunate enough to have survived our
'immortal years' realize that, in reality, we were just plain stupid, and
damned lucky to have survived.
In a previous post, I mentioned the four fatal accidents, involving kids
from our community.  Having, literally, watched those kids grow up, known
them and their parents through church, 4H, Scouting, youth baseball &
football, etc, and seeing the absolute emotional devastation their deaths
brought to their parents, friends, and community, I can tell you that I was
really careful about what I let my kids drive, as well as when & where &
with whom they were permitted to drive/ride.
Bud Osbourne