Re: trailing arm bushing replace

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: trailing arm bushing replace
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:10:43 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil Nase wrote:

>I need to press out the old bushings in my bugeye trailing arms and replace
>them.  Any way to do this with limited machine shop tools or experience.

Sawzall to cut the remnants of the outer part of the bushing (or hack
saw, demel, etc) but be careful not to cut through the arm.
I have found it very simple to freeze the new bushings overnight, heat
the trailing arm with a torch (not cherry red) and tap the cold bushings
into the warm arms. (cold welding I believe it's called to some degree)
1 part shrinks, the other expands.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ