RE: Colts and S&W - No LBC

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Colts and S&W - No LBC
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 07:54:41 -0800
Yes, Colt is still in business, but mostly for law enforcement. They still
make guns for the collector, and their SA are much better quality now than
they used to be in the 1980s. I still don't think they are worth the price-
in 1998, I chose a matched pair of Ruger Vaqueros in stainless steel over
the Colts.  That being said, I have a 1981 Colt Python target (38 special
only, 8" barrel), and it is by far the most accurate revolver I own (I also
have two S&W revolvers).

JLC

Robert wrote:
One of the most useless firearms I ever bought was a Colt King Cobra.  It
got 8 inch groups from a bench rest at 25 yards.  I sent it back to the
factory and they told me that it was a utility firearm.  I get less than 2
inch groups hand held with my father in law's utility S&W 586.

Colt still in business?