Re: Bolt and thread question...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bolt and thread question...
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:01:25 -0600
For as long as I remember my dad's shop has used a couple of steel tables
for engine building, almost always large v8's.  These tables are about 4' x
5', with heavy steel tops and castor wheels so you can roll them around the
shop.  Set the block on the table upside down to install the crank and cam,
then put 4 bellhousing bolts in the back of the block, set then engine on
the table bellhousing end down, and build it the rest of the way.  The table
is stout and not affected by moving the engine around on top of it.  We had
a hoist in the ceiling to move the engines around.

With these little 4-cylinders I think you could set them on a tv tray, then
when you're finished building the engine you can fold the tray up and hang
it on the wall.